On average, people spend 5 hours a day on their smartphones.
Yeah, that's a lot! And the trend is not going down...
Whether it's shopping, ordering food, or reading the newspaper, we can basically do everything from our phones, and most of the time from apps that simplify the access to our favorite websites and online services. 🤖
That's why it's crucial to optimize the user experience on mobile, especially by exploiting the power of mobile applications! Bringing a mobile user to an in-app page instead of a browser version of this page generates up to +44% more engagement.
Audience should always be redirected to in-app pages when it's possible... 😏
This is where deep linking comes into action!
❓What is deep linking?
Deep linking is a technology that launches an app and sends users on mobile devices directly to a specific page inside this app when they click on a URL.
In a nutshell, a deep link will detect the device used by the one who clicks and will redirect him to the most relevant version of a page depending on the device he is using and whether the app is downloaded or not.
Let say that you share a YouTube video link with your audience on social media 📺
If your users are clicking on this link from a mobile device, in most cases, it will open your video in a browser (m.youtube.com), especially when the traffic comes from an app like Facebook, Instagram, etc.
Users will not be logged on to their account, the User Experience won't be the most optimized, and it will end up by a negative impact in terms of engagement: users won't watch the video until the end, won't follow your Youtube channel, etc. 😥
👉 With deep-linking, the same mobile users will end on the in-app version of your video if they have it on their mobile. The result is a much more engaging experience for your audience.
👀 Why you should care about it?
The use of deep linking increases the chances to engage and convert your mobile users by +44% on average. 🚀
Indeed, it provides a better user experience, redirecting to an in-app version of a page, where the navigation is easier, and where the user will be already logged-in and have all his information registered.
Such an experience is more engaging because it has fewer frictions as it requires fewer actions from the user.
That's the theory... What about the practice?
Actually, the usage possibilities are endless, but we've prepared a small selection of use cases that will give you an idea of what you can do with deep links!
👊 5 game-changing use cases of deep links
1) Increase of +40% the conversion rate of your mobile customers on marketplaces (Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Craiglist, etc.) 🛒
Send your mobile customers directly to your product page in the Amazon Shopping app. Good to drive more conversions as many people have their accounts already registered in the app, with all the information needed to complete a purchase (credit card, addresses, and delivery preferences...).
2) Get more followers and subscribers on streaming platforms (Twitch, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) 📺
Promote your Twitch or YouTube channel on social media, and send your audience to your profile page directly in-app. No need for them to lose time finding their credentials to subscribe to your channel and join your community! Deliver the best journey to your future-followers and generate more engagement around your content.
3) Engage your community on social media (Instagram, TikTok, Linkedin, Facebook, etc.) 🤳
Bring your future followers directly in-app on your social profiles, and this from all the acquisition channels. Avoid login pages of website versions and maximize your chances to grow your audience on TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, and so many more!
4) Get more information when redirecting traffic to music streaming platforms (Spotify, Soundcloud, Deezer, etc.) 🎶
From any channel, direct your audience to the Spotify in-app page of the artist of your choice. You can also retarget those who click on this link and track the performance of your channels with UTM tags. Optimize user experience to best showcase your talent (or your favorite band's talent)!
5) Maximize your Amazon affiliate revenues (increasing conversion rate for mobile users) 💰
Increase your affiliate revenue by redirecting your users directly to the Amazon in-app product page. As it will provide a better experience for your users, you avoid that they don't use your link to make their purchases when they are on mobile (+44% more conversion with deep linking compared to regular linking)!
And that's just a taste of the potential of deep linking! Try out one of the 150+ apps integrated to Switchy and get the most out of your mobile users!
🔨 How to create deep links?
💡 To check all the Deep links supported, you can go into the Integration tab! We are supporting more than 150 Deep links apps! 🎉
These are the different steps you have to take to create a deep-link with Switchy.
1. Click on "Create a new link" on Switchy. Copy and paste the link you want to shorten in Switchy that support Deep linking (like an Amazon.com product page).
2. Go to the "Advanced settings" tab and go in the "Deep-linking" section.
Then two specific cases possible when you click on the toggle:
- The toggle is turning on a click on the toggle, which means that your link is eligible for deep-linking, you can deactivate the deep-linking option if you want or keep it activated and continue your link customization as usual!
- The toggle stay on off after a click on the toggle, which means that your link is not eligible for deep-linking. It can be because Switchy doesn't offer the app corresponding to your link or because the page you want to set the redirection to doesn't exist in the app.
3. Custom your link, add retargeting Pixels, Custom domain or Slug and click on the blue "Get my link" button to shorten your link.
4. You can now share your new link on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin! Well done Switcher! 🧙♂️
💥 Get the most out of your links right now with Switchy.io
Discover the most efficient engagement platform, a suite of marketing tools using the power of deep linking, retargeting and many more! All those in the easiest way you could ever imagine 💎
Try Switchy.io or ask for a personalized demo with our dedicated sales team! 💁